Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Our Engagement Story, Love Takes Flight Proposal.
































Clyde and I always do fun, adventurous and exciting things. We love to travel, ride roller coasters and partake in fine dining experiences at upscale restaurants. So when Clyde said that we were going for a helicopter ride I was excited about another adventure. We were going to do this on a Sunday, because he said that the airport just so happened to have an opening and called him at the last minute. (He had been inquring because he wanted to take me for a hot air balloon ride for my birthday, but the weather did not permit.) So I went to church and left early to meet him at the airport. Well, we meet there and our pilot greeted us and explained everything to us. We would be flying over Buckhead, Atlanta, Tucker, Stone Mountain and Decatur.

Fast forward and we are in the air and for the first 5-10 minutes my nerves are horrible, but as I continued to say little prayers of protection and peace, my nervousness subsided. We had on headsets and could speak to each other. As we were flying over Buckhead and I was taking it all in and loving it Clyde says to me, "Baby, I love you." I responded, " I love you too, but baby LOOK AT THIS!" I was trying to get him to lean over my way and see the breathtaking view that I had. He then said, "Angela, I really love you" and I said "Baby, I love you more." He then states as I am turning to look at him, "I love you more. " Then when I turn to look at him, he was holding the most beautiful, clear, sparkling diamond ring. (Did I say how SPARKLY "she" was?!) He then asks, "Baby, will you marry me?" I was so caught off guard, that I did not answer immediately. I paused and then said" Of course I will marry you" then I was thinking to myself, you are supposed to say yes. "So I then said, "YES!" Literally, we were on cloud 9. It was such a thoughful, perfect proposal. He is so awesome and I am so blessed that we have one another. God is good!!
Peace & Blessings,
Angela Maria

2 comments:

Sky + Carla said...

You guys are so ROMANTIC!!!!

sonya said...

Love it!!! Congratulations :)