Thursday, December 25, 2008

Awareness Ribbons!

This is one of those non-wedding related posts. However, I feel passionate about it and want to bring awareness to Awareness Ribbons. Awareness Ribbons are a way to raise awareness and remind people of the struggle with diseases that many families face. I know that we see random colors and wonder what they mean or maybe go on with what we are doing without giving them any thought. I would REALLY like to encourage you to have a cause that means something to you. I have several. When you look at the single red ribbon below, it represents the HIV/AIDS Pandemic. I worked in that field for years and there is still so many obstacles to cross when it comes to preventing it. The colorful Puzzle Ribbon is for Autism Awareness. One of my best friends has a nephew with Autism. He is such a wonderful kid and there is still so much to be done in research for Autism prevention/awareness. The Pink Ribbon is for breast cancer-I lost a cousin to this disease. To learn more about Awareness Ribbons click here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awareness_ribbons



Peace, Angela

No comments: