Friday, February 5, 2010

Nubian Queen Hair...African Inspired.

Every bride wants fabulous hair on her wedding day! With cameras flashing the entire time....looking perfect from every angle is key. Yes, even in hair! There are updo's, half up and half downs, chignons, buns, braids and a million other options to select from. For me, I looked at a million hair styles trying to find the perfect one for our wedding day. I could not find one. It was not until I was in Ghana, Africa in April 2009 that I found THE must have hair style. It was perfect! The woman wearing it was nice enough to let me take a picture after I told her how I loved her hair and wanted to replicate the same style for my wedding day. She was flattered adn excited to be able to help me out...specially since it was for such a special event. I changed it up by incorporating a "Nubian Braid" into the look. The original style had straight hair wrapped around the bun. It was cute, but I wanted to take it up a notch. You know me :) So the stylist braided hair around that bun to give it a more regal look. I also incorporated adding several pearls in the "curls & loops" in the back as well as adding a brooch on the left side for BLING! Gotta have bling right!?!

Below are several pics from the wedding day and in different angles of my hair. I received so many compliments on my hair style. It was perfect and complimented my overall look. Enjoy!



Peace, The. Mrs

No comments: