Friday, October 2, 2009

Issues with the Post Office and R.S.V.P. cards...

Though we mailed our invitations the end of August and the beginning of September, several people have yet to receive theirs. Ughhhhh. A few people have called within the past couple of days and stated that their invite looked as if it was lost and that they were just getting it; however, it was clearly post marked weeks ago. Sigh. Gotta just shake my head on that one. This creates issues that I never considered. Issue One: our R.S.V.P. deadline was two weeks ago. Issue Two: Our guest list keeps growing. Yep, not cool.

Something else that has caused me a headache, is the fact that people do not send their R.S.V.P. cards back or they have sent them back AFTER the deadline. Can we say etiquette?!? People want to "send word" via our family or friends that they are coming. Again, not cool. I feel as if we thought enough of you to invite you to our wedding by sending you a formal invitation with a self addressed and stamped R.S.V.P./Reply card, the least you could do was return it to us, on time. I was warned about this from other brides and I was like SURELY our guest won't do that. Oh, well. They were right.

Counting down....two more weeks from tomorrow! Woohoo!

Peace, The SOON to be Mrs. :)

1 comment:

Vyann Howell said...

I am one of your invites that is late RSVP. My committment has changed and I can attend your wedding. It will be me and a guest (a girlfriend that will traveling with me). I know add guest on the guest list will cause logistic and monitary challeges, so I can understand if the guest list is close. Please let me know.

Moma V
Vyann Howell
Alycevyannhowell@yahoo.com
404.344.0077