Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A piece of Cake




We had a chance to meet with our baker Kasarda. http://www.cakesbykasarda.com/
I really had no idea what to expect for this one. We got a bit pissed at the other baker that we had an appoint with (Lady Fingers in Charlston, SC) because they had to cancel an appointment that we had made at least a MONTH prior even though we were coming into town primarily for tasting. I thought that Angela was going to call and curse her out. This turned out to be a blessing. We arrive at Kasarda's and she comes to the door.... NICE SPOT!
Now to the cake...

This part I take VERY seriously (I'm a foodie). Kasarda made our choice EXTREMELY HARD! I was thankful for that. She was very knowledgeable about how things were to be done and what the best options were for getting our cake done. We hate fondant! On a personal note: I am not a fan of chocolate cake...but the chocolate cake she had was incredible!! It needed NO MILK!

We made some preliminary decisions and still have to decide on our top layer. If you are wondering why I am not disclosing the chosen cakes and the fillings is because we want it to be a surprise. :-P

I whole heartedly reccomend Kasarda for all of your special cake needs...

No comments: