Friday, February 13, 2009

Choosing the Fellas...

At this point in my life, I believe that I look at weddings a lot differently than when some of my friends got married in their mid twenties. As I stand before God, Family, and Friends, I have to have those around me that I KNOW have my best intrest at heart. So with that being said, instead of having the standard phone call or drink and asking the question "so are you in?". I decided to have cards created for my Best Men and groomsmen. I went to Greeting Card Universe and found "Will you be..." cards. Since each of these gentlemen are different and they mean different things to me, I made sure that each card was different. On the inside left of the card I had printed an original poem that i wrote. On the right of the card, I printed what they meant to me and what I learned from each of them and asked them to stand with me. It would have been easy for me to do a Frat thing or a Masonic thing, but I truly wanted people that I can call "brother" in EVERY meaning that the word entails. I am extrmemly elated and Blessed beyond measure to have this group of kind, dependable, and loving brothers to stand with me as I enter into this stage of my life.
~Clyde

1 comment:

The Melanin Maven said...

Hi Angela and Clyde

I have tagged you with the Honest Scrap Award..visit my blog.