Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Will you be my...

When I thought about the women that I want to stand by my side as I become a wife, I knew that I wanted to ask them in a very special manner. I could have just called, sent a text message or maybe even an email asking them to be in our wedding. However, I felt that would be a disservice to how I feel about these women, my sisters and my best friends. I knew that however it was to be done, it needed to by unique, cute, unexpected and meaningful.

One day as I was searching online for "Will you be my" stuff, I came across this ebay seller named Lenore who had FIERCE work in her store (She will be my next blog feauture!). She created these beautiful cards with me and my 8 bridal party (BP) members that I fell in love with. I was elated even more once I found that she would print whatever I wanted inside of them. Each woman in my BP has a different meaning to me and I wanted her to know WHY I want her to stand with me as I get married. Not simply because she is my sister or friend and that it what "people" are supposed to do. This was different. This would be women who have the best interest of Clyde and I at heart. Praying women, friends and sisters who love me for me and who have shared in my life in one manner or another for many years.

I typed up a special message for each woman telling her what she means to me and why I want her standing with me on our special day. I loved getting the phone calls once the women got their cards in the mail. To hear how much they loved them made it worth it! Here is the front of the card that Lenore created. A few even had me teary eyed. Imagine that.

Peace, The Future Mrs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...I absolutely adored the cards, they were so unique.