Friday, February 27, 2009

Tuxes

Grooms, if you are reading this... take a word of advice: When it comes to choosing your wedding colors, agree on something that you KNOW is an easy combination for both of you to find...Tiffany blue is NOT an easy color.
I don't believe that it was all of that long ago when I remember being able to rent a tux for the night for under $100. That being said, I am glad that months ago I went on the web and searched out the tuxes that I liked. When the time came, I just went into the store with my listing of the men in the wedding and the fathers' tuxes. It also helps if you already know your sizes. The process was easy even though I really was trying to be cost conscious..heck it's just a black tux c'mon! So here's my cheat sheet for getting it done (especially if this is your solo responsibility):
1. Make a list of everyone wearing a tux for the wedding (ring bearer and ushers included)
2. Decide Who is wearing what colors ( I recommend that you keep the ushers in Black and white)
3. Go online and check out the sites of the tux companies in your area. (If you have guys from all over the place participating in your wedding, I suggest a national chain like Savvy or Mens Warehouse..it makes it convenient.)
4. Make a note of the names of the tuxes and who will be wearing them.(Stick to one store)
5. Take this info to the store nearest to you. I also suggest that you take a look at the items in person. You will surprised how big of a difference things are in person compared to online.
6. Let the guys in the wedding know this info ASAP!! Last minute will miss you up. (Not to mention, it will be fun sitting back watching the ladies scramble around while you and fellas drink beer because everyone got sized and paid months earlier.)
7. Don't leave the store until you have tried EVERYTHING on! (This is also another reason why it helps to use a National chain).
8. Get confirmation when you turn in your tux...you can never be too careful!
~Clyde

No comments: