Saturday, December 19, 2009

Our Wedding: The Bride Getting Dressed Part One. The Details.



The day of the wedding I awoke and had breakfast with my family at the hotel. That helped to calm my nerves and start my day nicely.

Let's talk details of my bridal accessories, shall we. In this blog I will discuss my accessories and in the next blog I'll discuss my dress, veil and bouquet.

Every woman should have FAB shoes on her wedding day. Well, really everyday, but if no other day, on her wedding day! For those of you that know me, you know my love for a FABULOUS cute shoe. I wanted show stopper shoes to compliment my showstopper gown :)



Here are my two heel selections for the day. I could not just pick one.


Shoe selection #1. I chose an edgy design and eye catching color option for my wedding day shoes. These shoes matched our color scheme perfectly and complimented my wedding gown to a tee. It was love at first sight for me with these shoes.



Here you can see the edgy design better.
Gotta love heels. The HIGHER the better :)
Bow details from shoe selection 2.

Love these shoes. I saw another bride with these on when we were at the park to take pictures. She looked fierce rocking them. Love the 4" heels.
My earrings and bracelet are pictured below. I selected tear drop earrings and a handmade bracelet. It took me FOREVER to find both of these. I had purchased another pair of earrings and just didn't feel that "WOW" factor. So, I kept looking until I found the ones below. I loved my handmade bracelet. I knew I had to have it when I saw it. I ordered it and about 6 weeks later I had it. Here is a pic of me wearing my bracelet as I was saying my vows to my hubby. Bracelet during Sand Ceremony. My earrings. Loved them. Here you can see my bracelet and earrings pretty good :)


Pictured with my wonderful father, here you can see my hair pin really good. This was taken after the ceremony and after I'd taken my veil off.

Pictured below is the amazing brooch that I used as my hair pin. I had a fascinator with feathers and a gardenia as well, however, I chose to go with this pin to keep it simple and classic. I know that I wanted a classic and elegant look from head to toe. I was careful to select my accessories. I LOVED the way that the pin looked in my hair.

Another view of my hair pin. My husband is a HUGE Dallas Cowboys fan, so it was only fitting that I wore a Cowboys Garter under my wedding gown. I knew that he'd want to keep it so I purchased a simple white one for him to toss at the reception. He LOVED it and was very happy that he did not have to toss it.
Pictured below is my Chance by Chanel perfume and lotion that I decided to wear that day. It was a gift from my husband and he loves the way it smells on me.


I love my silhouette in this picture below. I was trying to remember everything. There were so many details to perfect. Close up of my hair still half tied up.
Mom presented me with two family heirloom handkerchiefs. I selected to use the one that was 20 years old and sent to me from my Aunt Nellie who could not make it. They were so beautiful and meant so much to me to have on our wedding day.

Getting ready to leave and go have my makeup done.

Hmm, what am I forgetting? Oh, well. Peace out...on to the Mac counter.



I love MAC makeup products. So of course I went to the MAC counter so that they could hook up my makeup. It was done my a man (forgot his name) and he done a GREAT job. He did a better job than the lady who had originally done my makeup during my makeup trial. FYI: The crazy looking chic behind me was some "model" who just sat there looking crazy. SMH. Smiling at my sisters Brenda & Tarsha who took me to have my makeup done.

They were not able to get their done due to time. However, they were troopers and just wanted me to look like a Queen. Thanks ladies! Love you!

Hmmm, the side eye :*)




Peace, The Mrs.

1 comment:

ariya said...

hey! first of all congrats on the wedding! wish you all the luck and love in the world! you know, love is a gift, that no amount of money in the world could buy! and you found it! am just here wishing you all the luck, i don't know you and you wont know me! but am wishing you all the happiness in the world from the bottom of my heart! because in these pic, i understood what sharing and loving is! i really want to have this someday! i never spoke of this till now! i never admit that this is a dream of mine! i want to make it true! with the man i love! by the way! the bride is sooooo beautiful! the heels you chose! and uhh chance by chanel!! its so magical! ok! take care!! bye bye